Piotr Jedrzejowicz is a professor of information systems, Faculty of Business Administration, Gdynia Maritime University, Poland. He has obtained Ph.D and habilitation in operational research from the Gdansk University. His research interests include artificial intelligence, software reliability engineering, decision support systems and computer-aided education tools. Prof. Jedrzejowicz has published 4 books and over 200 papers in international scientific journals and conference proceedings. Prof. Jedrzejowicz has been supervising 11 successfully completed Ph.D. theses. He is a member of several scientific and professional associations including Committee of Computer Science, Polish Academy of Science to which he has been elected for several consecutive terms. During his career Prof. Jedrzejowicz has been a visiting professor in Germany, Great Britain, China, Sweden, and a research fellow at the School of Computer Science, McGill University, Montreal. From 1984 until 1989 he was elected for a position of the Rector of the Gdynia Maritime University. Since 1992 Prof. Jedrzejowicz has been leading several research projects and grants in the field of computational intelligence, computer based learning, software reliability engineering and modelling and simulation. Since 2002 Prof. Jedrzejowicz is a dean of the Faculty of Business Administration, Gdynia Maritime University.
Some recent publications:
- Jedrzejowicz, P., A. Skakovski: An Island Based Evolution Algorithm for Discrete-Continuous Scheduling with Continuous Resource Discretisation, Journal of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, vol. 9, no 4, 368 – 371.
- Jedrzejowicz, J., P. Jedrzejowicz: New Upper Bounds for the Permutation Flowshop Scheduling Problem, in: Moonis Ali, Floriana Esposito (eds.), “Innovations in Applied Artificial Intelligence”, Lecture notes in Artificial Intelligence, no 3533, Springer 2005, 232 – 235.
- Czarnowski, I., P. Jedrzejowicz: An Agent-Based PLA for the Cascade Correlation Learning Architecture, in: W.Duch, J.Kacprzyk, S.Zadrozny (eds.), “Artificial Neural Networks: Biological Inspirations”, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, no 3696, Springer, 2005, 197 – 202.
- Czarnowski, I., P. Jedrzejowicz: Family of Instance Reduction Algorithms Versus Other Approaches, in: M.A.Klopotek, S.Wierzchon, K.Trojanowski (eds.) “Intelligent Information Processing and Web Mining”, Advances in Soft Computing, Springer, 2005, 23 – 30.
- Jedrzejowicz, P., J. Strychowski: A Neural Network Based Morphological Analyser of the Natural Language, in: M.A.Klopotek, S.Wierzchon, K.Trojanowski (eds.) “Intelligent Information Processing and Web Mining”, Advances in Soft Computing, Springer, 2005, 199 – 208.
- Jedrzejowicz, J., P. Jedrzejowicz: Implementation and Experimental Validation of the Population Learning Algorithm Applied to Solving QAP Instances, in: B.Ribeiro, R.F. Albrecht, A.Dobnikar, D. Pearson, N. Steele (eds.), “Adaptive and Natural Computing Algorithms”, Springer, 2005, 198 -202.
- Czarnowski, I., P. Jedrzejowicz: An Agent-Based Approach to ANN Training, in: M. Bramer, F. Coenen, T. Allen (eds.), “Research and Development in Intelligent Systems XXII”, Springer, London, 2005, 191 – 204.
- Jedrzejowicz, P., I. Wierzbowska: JADE-Based A-Team Environment, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 3993, Springer, 2006, 719 – 726.
- Jedrzejowicz, J., P. Jedrzejowicz: Agent-Based Approach to Solving Difficult Scheduling Problems, in: M.Ali, R.Dapoigny (eds.) “Advances in Applied Artificial Intelligence”, Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, vol. 4031, Springer, Berlin-Heidelberg, 2006, 24 -33.
- Czarnowski, I., P. Jedrzejowicz: An agent-based approach to ANN training. Knowledge-Based Systems, nr 19, 2006, 304-308.
- Jedrzejowicz, P., E. Ratajczak: Population Learning Algorithm for the Resource-Constrained Project Scheduling, in: J.Józefowska, J.Weglarz (eds.) “Perspectives in Modern Project Scheduling”, International Series in Operations Research & Management Science, Springer Science, New York, 2006, 275 – 296.
- Czarnowski, I., P. Jedrzejowicz: An Agent-Based Approach to Non-distributed and Distributed Clustering, in: M.Bramer, F.Coenen, A.Tuson (eds.), “Research and Development in Intelligent Systems XXIII” Springer, London, 2006, 382 – 386
- Jedrzejowicz, P.: Population Learning Algorithm and its Applications, in: S.Olariu, A.Y.Zomaya (eds.) “Handbook of Bioinspired Algorithms and Applications” Chapman & Hall, Boca Raton, 2006, 555 - 588
- Jedrzejowicz, P., E. Ratajczak: Agent-Based Approach to Solving the Resource Constrained Project Scheduling Problem, Lecture Notes in Computer Science nr 4431, Springer, Heidelberg 2007, 480 – 487.
- Barbucha, D., P. Jedrzejowicz: An Agent-Based Approach to Vehicle Routing Problem, International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science, vol. 4 nr 2, 2007, 538 – 543.
- Jedrzejowicz, P., E. Ratajczak: Scheduling Multiple-version Programs on Multiple Processors, in: Gregory Levitin (ed.) “Computational Intelligence in Reliability Engineering”, Springer, Berlin, 2007, 301 – 328.
- Czarnowski, I., P. Jedrzejowicz: Implementation and Performance Evaluation
of the Agent-Based Algorithm for ANN Training, Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence 4496, Springer, 2007, 131–140.
- Czarnowski, I., P. Jedrzejowicz: An Agent-Based Approach to the Multiple-Objective Selection of Reference Vectors, in: P.Perner (Ed.): Machine Learning and Data Mining in Pattern Recognition, LNAI 4571, Springer, 2007, 117 – 130.
- Jedrzejowicz, J., P.Jedrzejowicz: An Investigation of Agent-Based Hybrid Approach to Solve Flowshop and Job-Shop Scheduling Problems, Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, nr 4692, 2007, 172 – 179.